Entrepreneurs are using every chance to control or reduce the shipping costs! If you are one of them, here are 7 requirements and key considerations for multi carrier shipping to keep in mind!
According to one research, the parcel growth will continue to increase each year at a rate of 17-28% and by 2020, the same-day delivery will increase logistics costs by 50% which is a lot.
For most omnichannel businesses, the total cost of shipping now surpasses the sum of other costs such as direct and indirect payroll, packing supplies, benefits, facilities and utilities, and etc. The businesses today need every chance they can get to control, evaluate, and hopefully reduce the shipping expenses.
The old generations of shopping didn’t have much functionality other than generating labels, weighing packages, and manifest. However, today’s shipping systems have amazing functionalities that some entrepreneurs have not explored yet. These systems are here to help you control the current and the future shipping costs. The new systems today have track and trace, rate shopping, analysis of shipping data, preparation of international documentation, and enterprise-wide control from suppliers, stored, and multi-locations. A lot of these new and modern features were built with the customer experience and satisfaction in mind. The end goal is to customize your needs and abilities to best suit your buyers and customers.
If you are one of those entrepreneurs who is looking for a multi carrier shipping software, here are some essential requirements and key considerations for multi carrier shipping to keep in mind:
- What are your requirements for your distribution network for all locations (packages per day and per hour)?
- What shipping rules can you implement (real-time rules)
- How can modern shipping reduce costs and benefit your customers based on shipping rates, delivery time, and service levels?
- Does the shipping solution support multi-carrier shipping option and which solution provider offers support for updates, rate changes, and creation of all documents and labels?
- How effectively does the shipping system rate shop and generate documents and labels?
- Does the shipping solution supports multi-carton orders that demand different service levels and carriers?
- As you grow, can the shipping solution handle local shipping and international shipping?
Analyze the response of the shipping software service providers and consider only the best candidates. Select the solution that you think will offer the best value for you and your business.
— ProShip, Inc. (@ProShipInc) 10 de enero de 2018